Are you sick of missing dates and events because your skin suffers from acne? People have different names for different pimples but in fact, it is always the same – acne. Blackheads or whiteheads come in all sizes and torture all people – no matter young or adult. Don’t worry 50 million people, just like you, hate these pimples and what they are doing with their skin. However, as long as something is in our life, we get used to it. That’s why most people don’t know exactly what are the reasons for their acne. For example, there is a specific type of bacteria, that causes blackheads but only a few know its name.
How acne does appear?
We all have skin and hair follicles all over our body – back, shoulders, neck, face. If you are not hairy this doesn’t mean you don’t have hair follicles. Pores are open spaces where sebaceous glands create oil liquid to protect the skin. All of this is the natural strength of the body. Sometimes, as in real life, we overreact to some circumstances, our skin and sebaceous glands do the same – they overproduce sebum.
Unfortunately, the human body is a home for trillions of bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc. Propionibacterium acnes is the name of the bacteria, that lives in hair follicles. Nature has created it very resilient and it is able to survive in places without oxygen, like hair follicles. There are certain times when people are predisposed to increased production of sebum, like pregnancy or puberty. All these are hormonal changes so you probably realize that the two things are connected.
If you are lucky enough to get cellular debris and inflammation, you will get bacterial proliferation also as a gift. Next thing you will feel will be swelling of a new pimple. The reason is hiding into blocked dead cell traffic. Sebum combined with white blood cells are forming whiteheads. Blackheads are something slightly different. They don’t form because of the dirt but because the sebum was exposed to the air and a chemical reaction is happening with it.
How guilty the bacteria is for your acne?
A recent study found out that the bacteria which causes acne breakouts actually is preserving the skin. It is presenting a natural defence organism. The bacteria is able to neutralize infections so people who had it are happy to have healthy skin and even tone without whiteheads and blackheads. Future cosmetic products will be developed probably with a certain quantity of Propionibacterium acnes in order to increase the defence strength of the body.
Let’s not seek the guild only in the bacteria
- Actually, eating greasy food, drinking alcohol, eating chocolate are just a few of the reasons for acne. Good skin needs a lot of water and a balanced diet. This is a great start if you are wondering how to improve your skin life;
- Another thing, you should pay attention to is the level of hormones. Unfortunately, you will have to run some tests to see if your hormones are working properly. Even if they don’t, there are plenty of medications that will help you;
- Unfortunately, acne can be inherited so check your parents and take measures if you are predisposed;
- Stress is the s next thing in our list. It has the amazing ability to ruin your immune system as well as your body defence strength. That’s why if you are under a lot of stress, your skin suffers. This is actually a cycle because when you see your face with pimples it raises stress levels again so you are in the beginning. The best piece of advice we can give you is to stay calm and don’t panic. Don’t forget that we see our face with way more details than other people see it. Probably what you think is irreparable, people don’t even notice it;
- Some medications can cause clogging pores so if you notice it contact with your dermatologist and see if it is possible to change it;
- Stop touching your face! Your hands look clean seemingly. In fact, there are microbes and bacteria all over them so every time you touch your nose or cheeks you transfer it;
- Clean your phone regularly. Phones are dirty – they lie on the desks, in the bags, on random places with questionable cleanliness. That’s why when you touch your phone to your face, bacteria is immediately transferred.